Apply for Funding
United Way supports a network of local programs that help thousands of people in our community on their journey to a better quality of life.
Regular program funding applications are currently closed.
General Criteria for receiving United Way Funding
In order to be eligible to receive United Way funding, the applying agency must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Provide services to Guelph, and/or Wellington County, and/or Dufferin County
- Be a registered charity and incorporated
- Have a volunteer board of directors
- Release audited financial statements each year
- Be non-partisan
- Have been in operation for at least one (1) year
- Align with a United Way Focus Area Outcome (PDF with associated measures available here)
- Adhere to the Community Investment Manual guidelines
- Funding may only be used to support the goals of a discrete program
Programs and initiatives must also demonstrate:
- the need for service
- the capacity to respond to that need
- collaboration to complement existing services
United Way does NOT typically fund:
- arts and culture
- sports and recreation
- capital campaigns
- health-based issues
- environmental projects/organizations
- educational institutions
- direct religious activities of religious groups or organizations
All applications are vetted through a sound process involving staff and community volunteers.
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin provides multi-year and single-year investments, as well as one-time emergency/bridge funding.
Single and multi-year investments are made to support programs and services that contribute significantly to at least one of three United Way’s focus areas and at least one of five community level outcomes. From a ‘big picture’ perspective, this alignment supports the development of a shared vision for community impact. It brings both clarity and a common understanding to the ways different agencies work toward similar outcomes, and facilitates opportunities for inter-agency collaboration.
To learn more about the United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin Community Impact Vision and Outcomes, click here.
Please note that emergency funding may be issued to local agencies if and when urgent and unforeseen needs arise in the community. For more information about how to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Programs Funding
Community initiatives or collaboratives that provide support to the sector as- a-whole may also apply through the Special Programs funding stream.
Existing Funded Partners
Please login to the Partner Agency Portal to access your submitted application and/or report your results.
For additional funding opportunities in Guelph and Wellington County, check out this great resource!