United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin (UWGWD) builds community that shares responsibility for social good. We do this by striving to meet emerging and existing social needs in order to improve lives and build community. Making real and lasting change requires the contributions, expertise and commitment of everyone in our community – including donors, residents, business, agencies, volunteers and our staff team.
We are currently hiring for:
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for effective and efficient day-to-day administrative functions. This includes supporting the Board and staff with administrative tasks, taking minutes of meetings, and improving organizational processes.
- You love administrative duties. You take pride in supporting a team’s efficiency and success and are willing to assist where needed.
- You are a fast learner with great computer skills who looks at innovative technologies and processes to make everyday tasks easier.
- You focus on the details. You thrive at staying organized and completing high quality work.
- You are a strong communicator and use those skills to write clearly and succinctly and to build positive and strong working relationships.
- You have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism and accessibility.
- The idea of being part of collective strategies on complex issues like homelessness and our community’s #RadicalRecovery would make you excited to get out of bed each day.
For a full job description, including job responsibilities and qualifications, please visit the link above.
How to apply
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin is committed to diversity and equity within its community and to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. UWGWD especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities and people of all sexual orientations and genders.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities to take part in the selection process. If we contact you about an interview, please let us know if you require accommodation. We keep all information in relation to accommodation confidential.
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin recognizes its duty to protect employees from health and safety risks and therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you are fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization COVID-19 vaccination series.
To apply, please submit your cover letter demonstrating your excitement for this opportunity and your resume through Charity Village at the link in the job posting above. Please note that applications will be evaluated as they are received and the position will remain open until filled. Only qualified respondents will be contacted.