United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin (UWGWD) is the largest investor in social services in our community, second only to government. We know that the social issues facing our community are challenging. We also know that the ways that people want to connect to make a difference in their community are changing. That is why we are adapting our approach and amplifying our shared impact. We will champion shared responsibility for social good, working year-round to build relationships and participation, strengthen partnerships and enable shared solutions to social issues.
The Development Director has the exciting opportunity to make positive lasting change on some of Guelph, Wellington and Dufferin’s most pressing social issues. They help power United Way’s role in a shared responsibility for social good by achieving revenue growth and diversification through the development and implementation of impactful fundraising strategies. As an ambassador of our approach to philanthropy which emphasizes a community-centric fundraising approach and impactful giving opportunities, they build reciprocal and meaningful donor and volunteer relationships.
• You are energized by the opportunity to connect donors with impactful giving experiences.
• You are a true self-starter with a can-do attitude and are ready to move quickly to deepen engagement with our current donors and diversify our revenue. You value tried and true fundraising methods but also aren’t afraid to innovate.
• You love being part of a team, building strong relationships motivating and inspiring your colleagues, team, volunteers and donors.
• You love data and technology and use it to drive your work.
• The idea of being part of collective strategies on complex issues like poverty and our community’s #RadicalRecovery would make you excited to get out of bed each day.
• You have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism and accessibility.
• You think creatively and strategically but are also willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get work done.
• Have a clear understanding and passion for United Way’s mission, vision and Community Impact Strategy, and inspire others to help mobilize our role in building a community where everyone can thrive.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a fundraising strategy to maximize and diversify revenue by enhancing current, and implementing new, revenue streams including but not limited to direct mail, major gifts, planned giving and online giving.
• Develop and implement an annual workplace campaign strategy incorporating annual goals, including campaign structure, plans and strategies for specific divisions, and completing a post campaign analysis.
• Maintain an active portfolio of corporate and individual donors and prospects by cultivating meaningful and reciprocal relationships.
• Work collaboratively and maintain open communication with the staff team across all functional areas to ensure efficient and positive results.
• Recruit and inspire volunteers to increase our capacity for fundraising activities including the Campaign Cabinet, affinity groups and other committees.
• Effectively use our CRM (currently Andar) to capture donor data, plan and monitor fundraising effectiveness.
• Set up appropriate monitoring mechanisms that ensure continued success and effectiveness of initiatives
For more information on the position and to apply, click here
To apply please submit your cover letter demonstrating your excitement for this opportunity and your resume through CharityVillage (link above) by September 22, 2022. Please note only qualified respondents will be contacted.