The Dr. William Winegard Exemplary Volunteer Involvement Awards recognize significant community involvement and charitable activities beyond what an individual does as an employee or student of the University. Further, they recognize those activities that enrich the connection between the University of Guelph and the broader community.
Dr. William Winegard, University of Guelph President 1967-1975, embodies the community spirit that is so prevalent at the University of Guelph. It is with great honour that these volunteer involvement awards are named on his behalf.
The awards are offered in partnership by United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin, the Volunteer Centre of Guelph/Wellington and the University of Guelph.
Winegard Award Recipients
- Dr. Daniel Gillis (faculty recipient)
- Paul Mesman (staff recipient)
- Yousr El Sharawy (student recipient)
- Dr. Jon Warland (faculty recipient)
- Jordynn Klein (student recipient)
- Professor Rich Moccia (faculty recipient)
- Kathy Wing (staff recipient)
- Carly Labord (student recipient)
- School of English and Theatre Studies Professor Ajay Heble
- Associate Vice-President Human Resources Martha Harley
- Biomedical Science student Jenifer Truong
- Ontario Veterinary College professor Dr. Brad Hanna
- Jennifer Beehler, administrative secretary to the chair of Geography
- Plant agriculture PhD student Fawn Turner.
- Ontario Veterinary College professor Dr. Jim Petrik
- Associate Vice-President Brenda Whiteside
- Fourth-year human nutrition student Karoline Hoy
- School of Environmental Sciences professor Cynthia Scott Dupree
- University research assistant Jocelyn Wessels
- Fourth-year student Jordan Thompson
- Department of Population Medicine lecturer Barbara Leslie
- Student Housing Services staff member Julie Hutchins
- Fourth-year Bachelor of Science (molecular biology and genetics) student Tin Vo