COVID-19 Community Response Fund Application
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin, working in partnership with the Guelph Community Foundation, have launched the COVID-19 Community Response Fund to continue to support community and social service agencies in response to the COVID-19 virus across Guelph, Wellington county and Dufferin county. The fund will assist agencies doing critically important work to support our communities’ most vulnerable during the crisis.
Both organizations will jointly raise and distribute emergency assistance funds to support COVID-19 community responses. Together, we will work to quickly to approve and release funds to agencies experiencing an increase in need or to assist with an emerging need. Applications will be vetted by a team of staff from both organizations, and approved by a committee of volunteers. Successful applications will receive funding jointly between the two funders, unless an exception applies (ex. location of services).
Application for Funds
The Application to receive emergency funds is now open. It is a short application, meant to help agencies receive emergency funds quickly.
- Applications will only be accepted from agencies; not individuals.
- Agencies in Guelph, Wellington and Dufferin are eligible to apply for programming aligned to the following impact areas:
- Help for seniors – ensure that while vulnerable people are isolated, they are also supported
- Basic needs – ensure people have access to life’s essentials, such as food
- Housing – ensure those who are experiencing homelessness have adequate shelter and support to self-isolate
- Capacity for community services – ensure that community partners can continue to do their vital local work
- Mental health support – enable crisis lines and system navigation services
- Support for volunteers – helping those who work to support others