At United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin we believe better is possible. Our purpose is creating lasting positive change. We are uniquely able to focus and unite people and resources to improve lives and build community, by creating support, connection, and opportunity. We believe our community and the people in it matter and know that we can help each other live better lives.The Development Director plays a key role in United Way’s shared responsibility for social good by achieving revenue growth and diversification through the development and implementation of impactful fundraising strategies. As an ambassador of our approach to philanthropy which emphasizes a community-centric fundraising approach and impactful giving opportunities, they build reciprocal and meaningful donor and volunteer relationships.
- You are energized by the opportunity to connect donors with impactful giving experiences.
- You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude and are ready to move quickly to deepen engagement with our current donors and diversify our revenue. You value tried and true fundraising methods but also aren’t afraid to innovate.
- You thrive as part of a team, building strong relationships, motivating and inspiring your colleagues, team, volunteers and donors.
- You love data and technology and use it to inform your work.
- You have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism and accessibility.
- You think creatively and strategically but are also willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get work done.
To view the full job description, click here.
How To Apply
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin hires based on merit, is strongly committed to equity and diversity, and providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the application, interviewing, or selection process, please contact email@example.com.
To apply please submit your cover letter demonstrating your excitement for this opportunity and your resume through Charity Village by July 30, 2023. We look forward to hearing from you!