United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin (UWGWD) is the largest investor in social services in our community, second only to government. We know that the social issues facing our community are challenging. We also know that the ways that people want to connect to make a difference in their community are changing. That is why we are adapting our approach and amplifying our shared impact. We will champion shared responsibility for social good, working year-round to build relationships and participation, strengthen partnerships and enable shared solutions to social issues.
The Guelph & Wellington Task Force for Poverty Elimination or Poverty Task Force (PTF) is hosted at UWGWD and works collaboratively informed by diverse voices of experience to take local action and advocate for system and policy change to address the root causes of poverty.
The Community Engagement and Communications Coordinator will work under the direction of the PTF Director.
• You are excited about being a part of collaborative strategies to address the root causes of poverty issues, such as income insecurity, low-wage precarious work, homelessness and housing issues, food insecurity and health inequities.
• You value lived experience and the meaningful involvement of people with lived expertise of poverty as integral to the effectiveness and success of poverty elimination efforts.
• You are passionate about social justice and have a personal and professional commitment to anti-oppression, anti-racism, and accessibility.
• You are a true self-starter with a can-do attitude and would be excited about increasing awareness of and deepening engagement in the PTF’s work.
• You are passionate about creating amazing communications that help people feel engaged, aware of important issues, and ready to take action.
• You are a fast learner with a growth mindset who focuses on the details and thrives at staying organized and completing high quality work.
• You are a strong communicator and use those skills to write clearly and succinctly and to build positive and strong working relationships.
• You think creatively and strategically but will also roll up your sleeves to get work done.
United Way Guelph Wellington Dufferin hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equality and diversity within its community and to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. UWGWD especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, visible minority group members, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you require accommodations during the application process, please contact email@example.com.
To apply please submit your cover letter demonstrating your excitement for this opportunity and your resume through Charity Village by October 24, 2022. Please note only qualified respondents will be contacted.